Keeping track of everything in a busy life can be a little tricky. Well, leaving reminders for events can be a good option. But what about birthdays? You cannot just go to every date, match it with your friend’s birthday, and then set it to buzz. And so, there is another solution, the solution which is a gift of Facebook.
Facebook Email Reminders
Facebook Email Reminder is a notification service thatsends a mail to your Email, which is connected to your Facebook account. The reminders can be of events, parties, and especially for birthdays. Well, in this way, you can get reminded for birthdays of all those special ones without even checking your Facebook. And this is its best advantage – ‘You Don’t Have to Login to Facebook.’
The service was automatically activated on earlier Facebook profiles. But for new profiles, due to privacy issues, the service was deactivated. But worry not, you can enable it back.
Benefits of Facebook Email Reminders
There are many advantages of subscribing to Facebook Email Reminders. Some of these are mentioned here.
- It reminds you of every event and birthday related to your Facebook account.
- You don’t have to open your Facebook account, check your mail, and everything that’s happening there on Facebook will now be on your Email.
- The Notification service is free.
- You can unsubscribe to it anytime.
- You can also subscribe to specialized notifications in case you don’t want Facebook to notify you about any event or any Birthday. In this case, it will inform you about other happening related to your Facebook Profile.
- You can choose on which Email; the notifications will be sent to.
- Subscribing to this service is very easy.
Activating Facebook Email Reminders
Enabling Facebook Email Reminders is very easy. Just follow the steps below and get notified of all those birthday notifications.
- The first step is to log in to your Facebook account.
- The next step is to open settings.
- In Settings, go to Account Setting.
- Under Account Setting, find an option labeled as Notifications.
- In this part of the notification menu, you will be able to set reminders for all the Facebook activities and events.
- To do this, check ‘All Notifications, Except the ones you Unsubscribe From.’
So, here it is. Following these easy steps, you can get a notification on your mail every time an event or a birthday shows on Facebook.
Not Getting Mail Notifications?
Even after following these steps, you are not getting notified about any birthday event; you might have to recheck your settings. Check if you have unsubscribed for any birthdays or not. If yes, subscribe to it again, and then, you can finally get a notification for your friends’ birthdays.
The Email Notifications might be receiving in your spam box. So, if you are not getting them, you might also want to check for any similar spam mails. If such a thing happens, check such mails as ‘Not Spam,’ and your mailing platform will send these notification emails directly to Your Mail Inbox.
You also have to check if the mails are reaching the correct mail address. On Facebook, we can add multiple mailing addresses. So, if you are having such a case, you might need to check if the receiving mail in your settings is your default mail account or not.
Unsubscribing to Facebook Notification Reminder
Although this is a useful feature, it might be a little clingy for people having a lot of Facebook friends. Well, a lot of friends mean a lot of birthdays and events. And hence, in every case, Facebook will send you notifications. And what more, it will also send you information for any unread messages in your Facebook account. Eventually, your mail inbox will be loaded with a lot of trash mails. So, to get rid of this problem, prioritize your notifications. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Go to Account Settings.
- Under Account Settings, select Notifications.
- In the Email options for Notifications, either select ‘No Notifications’ or if you still want to get notified about events at least, unsubscribe to ‘Weekly Birthday Notifications.’
In this way, you will no longer receive notification emails from Facebook.
Facebook sends the notification regarding birthdays in the morning. So, you can wish your friends and plan a birthday bash starting early morning. You can unsubscribe it too if you want. But well, since Facebook doesn’t charge you for it, why not try it a bit more.